Breaking

Wednesday 3 July 2019

What does the Bible say about love?

What does the Bible say about love?

"He that loveth not hath not known God; for love is God." 1 John 4:8.




It's simple to think of pleasant emotions when we think of love. But true love is not dependent on feelings. It's about something much more than what I feel for somebody, a romantic love, a family member, a friend, a colleague. Attachment is often provided and received to receive in exchange something. But what do I do to love someone when it costs me something? What's the love saying in the Bible?

"Love is suffered, it is good; love has no envy, love doesn't boast, it doesn't blow up; it doesn't do anything wrong, it doesn't seek its own, it doesn't get irritating, it doesn't grudge; it doesn't appreciate injustice, but it loves the reality. Everything suffers, everything believes, wants everything, promotes everything.

But what is love then? This is love when I do all the things without giving importance to my feelings or regardless of other people's actions. Sometimes when I'm tempted to anger, to impatience, to seek my own good, to think someone's worst, to give up something, I don't feel like I can love. But I have long-suffering when I deny these emotions and rejoice, I humble myself, carry the burdens of others, I endure all stuff-and manifest real love. Love provides its existence— the natural responses and requests that are part of human nature— and in exchange, expects nothing.

"No one has more love than this, to lay down one's life for his friends." John 15:13.

"This is love, not because we loved God, but because he loved us, and sent his Son to make atonement for our sins." 1 John4:10. If someone loves me, it's adorable, and I love him back. It's easy. But this isn't a love test. Before we loved him, God loved us, and we did nothing to deserve that love. What if somebody mistreated me? Where then is my passion? Love is giving, not just to those who are great for us. Love your enemies first; love first, and if love is not reciprocal, it will not vanish. It's all supported.

"But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who use you spitefully and persecute you, that you may be the children of your Father who is in heaven, who causes his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, who rains on the just and on the unjust." Matthew 5:44-45.

God's love

"If any man shall say, I love God, and hate his brother, he is a murderer: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? and from him have we this commandment: he that loveth God, loveth his son also." 1 John 4:20-21.

Our love of God is no higher than our love of fellow human beings. Depending on conditions, the love of God does not alter. It's rooted firmly.

We tend to want others to change as human beings. We feel that loving someone as he is is hard, and we prefer being distinct. This is evidence that we are more worried about our own happiness and convenience than with love for others; we are looking for our own good.

The reality is that we must discover our own sin and purify it instead of waiting for others to alter. Self-interest, the' know-it-all' attitude, arrogance, stubbornness, etc. Sins I find when I am with others. If we purify ourselves of all these things, we can carry the load, we can believe we can wait and wear all for others. We love them as they are, and with a sincere love for God, we can pray for them and take care of them.

No exception to love

No, there's no exception here. No believed "this individual is not worth it." Jesus gave his life for us, and this was the ultimate test of how much he loved us. This has never been deserved by anyone to a lesser extent than us. Loving doesn't imply agreeing with others ' sin or saying it's all right. Instead, it is carrying your burden, praying for them, having faith in them, wishing them all the best. Despite what I think, this will act. Then I can go from having somebody's natural aversion to having a real love for them.

All the individuals with whom I am should feel an appeal and a desire through me to approach Christ. Love attracts people and brings them together. Compassion, the kindness of heart, patience, compassion. How can someone feel appeal and attitude if I have an impatience, arrogance, insolence, hatred, etc. experience with me?

If I feel that I lack God's true love, I can pray to God and ask Him to show me how I can get more. But I must be ready to give up my own will and think before me first of all about the others.

"These three now remain faith, hope, and love; but their greatest is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13.

No comments:

Post a Comment